Food ranks among the largest expenses households face. Watch the video for tips on how to take control of your spending on food – while still eating well throughout the week.
Here's a rundown of the pointers to keep in mind:
1. Make a weekly meal plan: Before you head to the supermarket, map out what you'll be eating each day.
2. Eat the food that expires soonest first: And organize your fridge accordingly, with the oldest perishables up front.
3. Skip pricier cuts of meat: Think chicken thighs and wings over chicken breasts.
4. Learn to read food labels: By knowing the difference between "sell by" and "use by," you'll cut down on food that's tossed too soon.
5. Choose multipurpose ingredients: Opt for versatile foods you can work into several meals as part of your weekly plan.
6. Flip your dining-out routine: Restaurants may be more likely to offer discounts early in the week.
The content reflects the view of the authors of the article and does not necessarily reflect the views of Citi or its employees, and we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented in the article.